Is My Site Down or Up?
Want to check if a website is down or up? Then we've got you covered.
Just enter the website you want to check to see if it is up or down and then click the "check" button. You can compare the code that comes back to the results below.
What are the HTTP Status codes and what do they mean?
HTTP Status codes are 3-digit numbers that are returned by a server when a client makes an HTTP request. They inform the client of the status of the request, such as whether the request was successful or not.
• 1xx - Informational: This class of status code indicates a provisional response, consisting only of the Status-Line and optional headers, and is terminated by an empty line.
• 2xx - Success: This class of status code indicates that the client's request was successfully received, understood, and accepted. Pretty much your website is up.
• 3xx - Redirection: This class of status code indicates that further action needs to be taken by the user agent in order to fulfill the request. This means the URL you provided redirects to another webpage.
• 4xx - Client Error: This class of status code indicates that the client seems to have erred in its request. Either the site is down or the URL is wrong.
• 5xx - Server Error: This class of status code indicates that the server is aware that it has erred or is incapable of performing the request. The site is down due to some server errors.
What can I do if a website is down?
If a website is down, the first step is to check the status of the website. Check to see if other users are experiencing the same issue. Check to see if the website is down for everyone or just you. If the website is down for everyone, contact the website's hosting provider to report the issue. You can also check the website's social media accounts for updates. If the website is down for just you, then try restarting your computer or device, clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser.
What can I do if a website is up?
Umm... use it?